Every sports fan fills out a bracket with the same dumb thought that this year could be the year that they fill out a perfect sheet. We all think that we know everything there is to know about NCAA basketball. But how much do you really know? As I say every week, I love you all for your minds. And I bet nobody can get a perfect bracket or 15/15.
- What team, led by CJ McCollum, beat Duke as a 15-seed in 2012?
- 2-seeds have combined for a total of 8 losses to 15 seeds. What school has 2 of those losses?
- A 15-seed has only advanced to the Sweet 16 once. What team did it in 2013?
- Murray State’s Ja Morant posted a triple double with 19 points, 16 assists and 12 rebounds. This was the first NCAA Tournament triple-double since who?
- Steph Curry and Davidson’s historic tournament run in 2008 ended with a loss to what team?
- What is the lowest seed to ever advance to the Elite 8 (16 being the lowest)?
- Has a 7-seed ever lost in the National Championship game?
- Two coaches have taken three different schools to the Final Four (both coaches had two appearances vacated). Name them both.
- When was the last time Tom Izzo won a national title?
- What team overcame a 25 point deficit to Iona in 2012 to move past the First Four?
- This is the 81st NCAA Tournament. How many schools have won a title?
- How many times has the number 1 overall seed won the tournament?
- What conference had the most teams receive a bid to this year’s tourney?
- Who has more NCAA Tourney appearances: Tennessee or their coach Rick Barnes?
- How many different combinations can the NCAA Tournament Bracket have?
- Florida Gulf-Coast
- Draymond Green
- 12 (Mizzou in 2002)
- Rick Pitino (Providence, Kentucky, Louisville), John Calipari (UMass, Memphis, Kentucky)
- 3 (Florida, 2004; Kentucky, 2012; Louisville 2013) I guess I have to also accept 2 for this answer
- Big 10- 8
- Rick Barnes (24/22)
- 9,223,372,036,854,775,808- yes, I realize this question is unfair.
Categories: NCAA Basketball