Because of my petty hatred for the College Football Playoff committee and how I think they are the greediest bastards in all of sports, I have decided to do my own, correct rankings again. So, here we go.
- Alabama (10-0)- Duh.
- Notre Dame (10-0)- I think Clemson would beat them if it came down to a one-on-one matchup, but Notre Dame at least has some impressive wins, while Clemson refuses to do anything in the realm of nifty.
- Clemson (10-0)- I guess they are undefeated so here is their prize. Again, they have a trash schedule and nothing to prove to me that they are worth anything.
- UCF (9-0)- I have nothing but respect for my national champions. For the second time, if we let in Clemson with their schedule, we have to let in UCF too. Show a little bit of consistency please, selection committee.
- Michigan (9-1)- I was really struggling with who is better between Michigan and Georgia. I did not think Michigan was good enough until now. Their only loss is to Notre Dame and they have really proven me wrong since I wrote a column about how bad they are. Sorry ’bout that.
- Georgia (9-1)- Second best of the 1-loss teams. I like this team a lot. The decision between Michigan and Georgia really came down to who they lost to. Georgia lost to LSU who just isn’t as good as Notre Dame the way I see it. This ranking will never matter since they will lose to Bama in the SEC Championship anyway.
- Washington State (9-1)- I cannot get enough of my dude Mike Leach. For a second there after last week’s win over Colorado, Gardner Minshew put a mustache on him and made me remember that he is actually a human being and not a football robot. This team is so fun to watch and I think Minshew is the second best quarterback in the nation right now. Look out for the Cougars.
- LSU (8-2)- I feel bad ranking them lower than they were last week. There is just no way a 2 loss team will make the playoff. While I do love the Tigers this year, I do not like their chances. No more big games and no shot at the SEC Championship.
- Ohio State (9-1)- They have one loss, but I truly think that LSU is better. They still have to play a tough Michigan team and Jim Harbaugh has somehow figured out how to beat his rivals. Keep an eye out for Buck’s column about the current state of this team.
- Oklahoma (9-1)- The most overrated one-loss team I have seen this year. Kyler Murray has been a hot pile of garbage recently and I don’t see that changing any time soon. If Oklahoma State had a competent kicker, they may not even be in the top 15.
Here is the mustache picture I was talking about earlier. How can you ever root against this guy?
Categories: NCAA Football